Yana Mir, a Kashmiri activist and journalist, said in the UK Parliament that she “will never ever be a Malala Yusufzai", emphasising that she is completely safe and free in "Kashmir, which is a part of India". Her speech has now taken the internet by storm. 


The viral video

In her statement at the 'Sankalp Divas' hosted by the UK Parliament in London, Yana Mir said, "I am not Malala Yusufzai. I am not Malala Yusufzai because I am free and safe in my country India, in my homeland Kashmir, which is part of India."


"I will never need to runaway from my homeland and seek refuge in your country, honourable MPs. I will never ever be a Malala Yusufzai, but I object Malala Yusufzai defaming my country, my progressing homeland by calling it oppressed," Yana Mir said.


In the wake of her powerful testimony, social media platforms have become inundated with accolades applauding Mir's bold stance against the narrative propagated by Pakistan, which portrays Kashmiri residents as victims of purported atrocities perpetrated by the Indian military. Admirers have lauded Mir for her unwavering conviction and eloquent expression of dissent within the hallowed halls of the UK Parliament.



Who is Yana Mir ?

Yana Mir is a Kashmiri activist and journalist

Kashmir's first Female Vlogger

Sr. Anchor Bharat Express

Geopolitical and Political Analyst

Ted X Speaker